Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Why Can’t I be a Celebrity . . .

I want more than anything to wear a beret. Random yes, but I want to be able to rock a lavender beret I saw at Forever 21 in Florida and not be judged. Not that I really care what people think because I have sported a beret quite a few times in the past but I am getting pissed when it comes to celebrity fashion.

Female celebrities wear some of the craziest ensembles and I look at them and think either why can’t I or where do they find this cool, crazy stuff. I am a bit of a shopoholic and was recently talked out of the said beret, where a friend said, “Where would you wear that and don’t be so impulsive.” A friend judging and concerned that apparently my fashion taste had deviated from the norm, I simply replied, “I will wear it wherever I want, I can find an occasion for it”. She walked away rolling her eyes as I held the treasured beret. I reluctantly put it down and thought maybe she’s right.

I am getting pissed. I want to start a new movement where all the clothes you see on television or in the magazines are sold relatively cheap and in malls. That way, we can get that sweet little number that Lil Kim wore to an awards show or a J-Lo-esque dress. I know you know what I am talking about. See?


Why can’t I wear seashells on my breasts and painted on jeans. Damn. I don’t know if I ever would but it’s the fact I don’t even have the option without being mentally insane that gets me.

Oh to refer back to my beret debate, here are some photos of celebrities rocking berets, because apparently they can and they are called boho chic or a trendsetter.




I would be thrilled to see some crazy fashion on the streets and when I do see something considered outlandish, I don’t judge, I admire. I admire that they had the courage to put on something and think, “Damn, I look GOOD!” So, if you see a curly haired girl, strutting in the 100 degree heat in a beret, flash a smile and say, “nice hat” but commit to the comment, please mean it. It’s a small start but I am going to work my way up to leopard thigh-high boots and suspender trousers. Just you watch.

Sidenote: I am revealing the title for the album GINA. The album title will be F*CKED WITH THEM & F*CKED WITHOUT THEM.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok ok Big Tit go buy the damn beret! You know you wanna. lol.

Anonymous said...

Taryn, you have a shoppping problem. you own more shit than your closet can handle, and youve basically bought out forever 21, and then you wonder whay you are living off ramon noodles! I recall a phonecall that you made to mom saying something along the lines of "i have an obsence amount of purses and sunglasses" the other issue is that you have so many cloths, but you wear the same ones over again. you need some sort of rotaion!

i think that whoever this said friend is was smart, becuase god knows you dont need a dumb purple hat. ive seen you wear a hat like 4 times in our life time, so if you need the hat, get it, but im sure theres something else you could put the money to.

I will however support the lil kim outfit if you choose to aspire to dress like she does.

Anonymous said...

I think you should wear the flowers on your boobs. hell, I'll help you with the double sided tape. just don't ever be afraid to rock what you want to rock.

Dope, Yo! said...

fuk haters.
your last name is the same as one of my most expensive pieces of cloth - is that a coincidence? I don't think so! You were born to shop. Even if the shit you buy will never be worn, you must buy it.
And your so damn cute that yes, you can wear a beret, hell you can wear a bagel and make it look trendy (preferably the cinnamon crunch one from panera)
And i hate your picture on your blog, just waving that smoke all around in my face like, "look dimi - look at my smoke" lol
YOUR MY HERO!
i'm glad we randomly met and are now lovers. xoxo

Kelsey said...

i liked what mindy said. that flower-boob ensemble is bananas

Anonymous said...

Woman, if you start wearing flowers on your nipples i'm gonna need proof!!! We have enough cheap tarts over here that would gladly wear as little as possible (and do!) You're obviously on the island, come on over here hehehehe

As for the beret, i'm pretty close to country of its birth, yet another reason for a visit!

Anonymous said...

dee-
you weren't kidding about your spelling..lol.
p.s. taryn..you already own a baret. i actually think you have 2. but since your head is the shape of a peanut i always tell you it looks funny..lol.

Anonymous said...

Berets make people look pretentious, and that is one word I would never use to describe you. Don't do it. Flowers over your nipples would definitely bring out your eyes so I would recommend that for a first date or a dinner party.

Anonymous said...

I like your statement about not hating someone for making an outfit work that isn't agreeable. Considering I changed my style and while everyone made fun, you embraced it. That kind of act towards someone can really make or break their feelings. Nice blog.