Sunday, September 23, 2007

I’m moving to the mountains. . . .

After writing about pop culture and life for the previous two weeks I felt it was appropriate to reflect on what I have learned.

Life is hard, stressful and always happening. Culture is important, powerful and always changing.

Many of things that I have written about are very much considered to be mindless pop culture that we view as news and also how we culturally interact with each other. I think this is a good time to re-evaluate how we live.

I have decided that I have two options, I can remove myself from this crazy world and take myself to the ocean or the mountains in a secluded area where I can appreciate the simpler things and become one with nature. Or I can stay here with the culture and amongst the masses.

The decision: I am going to do both. Eventually, I will end up somewhere here, with a husband (probably a lumberjack)and have lumberjack babes. Yes, this will be later on in my life because I want to be in the advertising world so badly. But, after I have had a career I am proud of, I know I will really be able to appreciate and enjoy this uncomplicated life.





BUT, first I have a feeling I will be living more of a life like this:





I think my theme song will be the song from the Devil Wears Prada. It's very uplifting and inspiring.


If anyone wants to join me when I go to the water or the mountains, let me know!

Signing off on blogging for a while, it has been quite an experience!
This project has been my blood, sweat and tears for the last two weeks. I hope you have all enjoyed my posts!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Call me when you remove to the mountains! And I hope you keep writing in this blog. Your thoughts are hilarious-yet-insightful. <3

Anonymous said...

Nix on the lumberjack babies and look into fishermen. I think that song defines you! I have enjoyed waking up every morning and wondering what you had to say every day! It makes me laugh and cry and many other things. Thanks.

Kelsey said...

I have always wanted to go live in a cabin in the woods on some distant mountain range. Kind of like a serial killer or hermit or combination thereof. (I am reminded of that one serial killer with the Asian sidekick who sewed a cyanide pill into his clothes and took it after he was finally apprehended.) Or maybe I could join an anti-government pro-second amendment rights survivalist sect. Or a cult like that of Heaven's Gate, Charlie Manson's "Family", or Scientology. haha.

But my true intentions to move would be to sink down into my true self and kill the impostor who calls herself me. I really want to be like that guy who wrote Walden's Pond; who was it, Thoreau? Because if you think about it, all those good authors lived in a secluded place all by themselves for an extended amount of time and wrote and then became highly respected authors. I want to say Emily Dickinson did something like that...
Two of my fave authors did something like that. One lived in a cabin in Colorado all alone and one lived as a monk in a cave for awhile.

Man, I am digressing here.

Hey, are you still reading this?


I agree with Raj, you should keep writing your blog to distract me from real life.

Kelsey said...

I JUST WANT SOME SECLUSION TO BE ALONE WITH MY THOUGHTS! THAT'S ALL! SOME TIME TO MYSELF! WHICH I CANT GET HERE!

"we can't get there from here" - einstein

Anonymous said...

aww my love! yes i have enjoyed your blogging! makes me proud to call you my sister! and i will totally move up into the mountains.... but i dont think i will land up with a lumber jack like you haha! perhaps maine is calling our names again?

Anonymous said...

you go girl! I know that was cliche. But I truly believe you can do it. You're blogs have made me think twice about the world I live in and I feel like I can relate to you on many levels. You are going to take the advertizing world by storm and then your lumberjack babies are going to be the cutest fucking babies ever. Get on wid your bad self.